Sunday 4 August 2013

Greed: Another of the 7 Deadly Sins

Do you remember a few weeks ago when Tallulah was a little piggy and had too many hot dogs?! (June 27, 2013) 

I sure do - burp! I think they are still with me. 

We took the opportunity to tell you about the 7 Deadly Sins. Click here for a recap of the 7 and what each means.
 
 
Today at Mass, the readings talk about the sin of Greed! Greed is probably one of the sins that so many of us have trouble with!
 
Greed-Mr. Krabs
Obviously Mr. Krabs is greedy and desires money. How could Greed not be Krabs? He actually sang about the power of greed in “Selling Out”.
 
 
 
What do you know about greed Tallulah?

Well I don't think I'm greedy Cloë, I just like to make sure I get all the food and treats and all the hugs. Oh yeah and I also like to make sure I get all the sticks and toys that our master throws for you, I mean us.
 
Well Tallulah, that is actually greed. Greed means that you have to have more than you need and more than anyone else has. Do you know the opposite of greed?
 
I'm not sure Cloë, could it be sharing?! Ok, maybe I'm not so good at sharing.
 
I used to be pretty greedy when I lived with my friend Milo. But when you came along I learned how to share. Here is a video that might help you Tallulah.
 
 
(youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnD1t2O8vAE)

And here is the video of the parable that Jesus told to the people.
 

(youtube link: http://youtu.be/yS0pS0kV6uQ
 
Gee Cloë that guy is not very nice. I don't want to be like him. From now on I'm going to try harder to share.

Well that's it for today. Don't forget to share! Woof!

Cloë and Tallulah

P.S. Parents here is another version of today's Gospel.

 
(youtube link: http://youtu.be/z3yBvFuISVY)

1 comment:

  1. Tallulah we love to share. it good that you are going to share with Chloe from now on. No to greed, yes to sharing.

    ReplyDelete