Sunday 30 November 2014

Advent 2014 - Day 1

Hey Cloë! I'm getting anxious, there are just 25 days to Christmas and to presents!


Woah! Slow down Tallulah! You are right about the math, but we have to take time to prepare for Christmas. We do that with the season of Advent.


Oh that's right, I forgot about Advent.

Unfortunately you are not the only one Tallulah. Shopping for presents and visiting Santa are all good,


but Christmas is about the birth of Jesus first and foremost.


I guess I should have been paying more attention to Father Kevin this morning. I think I heard him mention "waiting" a few times during his homily.


Exactly, we have to wait for Christmas. Advent is a time for us to get ready for Jesus' birthday. There are so many different ways to do this. Here are just two.

#1: Sign up for the Holy Heroes Advent Adventure




#2: Make an Advent Wreath





It's very easy. You can buy a plain wreath at the store as well as 3 purple candles and 1 pink candle. You can also decorate it with pink and purple decorations and ribbon.

Parents and grandparents, if you need more ideas for celebrating the season of Advent, Lacy over at Catholic Icing has produce a wonderful resource: The Advent Christmas Planner.


Click here to find out how to order it.

Woof!

Cloë and Tallulah

P.S. I am feeling good and yesterday the vet confirmed that I am not sick - phew and thank the Good Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment