Wednesday 26 November 2014

Seeing Jesus in Others

This past Sunday we had a special guest at our parish, Bishop Marcel.


I've been wondering why he was there Cloë.

Well Tallulah, every five years bishops must officially visit each of their parishes. This past weekend was our turn.


Now I understand. I must say he gave a very good homily.

He sure did. Can you tell everybody what he talked about.

He told us all that we must constantly see Jesus in others. If someone is sick or poor or just needs some help, that we should help them.


That's right Tallulah. Someone who was very good at this was Blessed Mother Teresa.


This is what she had to say:
“I see Jesus in every human being. I say to myself, this is hungry Jesus, I must feed him. This is sick Jesus. This one has leprosy or gangrene; I must wash him and tend to him. I serve because I love Jesus.”

Wow! Who was Mother Teresa?

She was a little tiny nun who packed a big punch! She worked in India with the very poorest of the poorest.


Today, her Missionaries of Charity continue to work not only in India but in many different countries.


What are some of the ways you can help others?

By the way, I want to thank everyone who prayed for me.
I have quite a long incision but the vet is pretty sure I'm fine. We'll know for sure on Monday. In the meantime he told me I had to take it easy for a few days.

Woof!

Cloë and Tallulah

No comments:

Post a Comment