Thursday 18 July 2013

God is Your Helper!

Today's Gospel was a short one but a good one! And it's a great reminder that God is always there ready to help us if we just remember to ask.


Now that is Good News Tallulah!

It sounds like it Cloë, but what exactly is a burden?

A burden is something that is heavy and difficult to carry. Sometimes it is a thing, but often it is something we feel and that makes us sad


or scared.
 


Maybe you are having a tough time at school.

 
Or maybe one of your parents has lost their job and you are worried.
 

Or maybe you know someone who is sick, maybe that someone is you.

 
All of these things Tallulah are burdens. Sometimes they are more than someone can handle by themselves. That is when you need to ask God for some help. He may not make your burden go away but He will help you carry it and make you stronger!

 
Knowing that makes me feel so much better Cloë! I found this prayer that kids can pray when they need help carrying their burdens.
 
Dear Father, I am thankful that when I struggle under the load of life's burdens, you are there to help me carry the load. This is the burden I am struggling with: 
(tell God  your burden), please help me carry it today.
In Jesus' name I pray.
Amen.
 
 
The other day we told you about our friend Alex. He is at CHEO and he has a pretty big burden to carry these days. Here is the note he sent us.


Thank you Cloë and Tallulah and everybody for your prayers. I know that they will help.  God has already done some amazing things to help me. The people here at CHEO are all really great!  I will get better, but it will take some time before I can come back to church.
God Bless all of you
Alex
 

Please continue to pray with us, for him. Woof!

Cloë and Tallulah


2 comments:

  1. That's great news thAt Alex will get well. Abbey says she will pray for Alex when she wakes up and when she goes to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Abbey, we know that he appreciates that!

    ReplyDelete