Thursday 5 June 2014

Jesus Goes Home!

Does anybody remember what this past Sunday's Gospel talked about? Tallulah?

It's been a few days Cloë but I think it talked about Jesus going back to Heaven!


Very good Tallulah. The technical word for that is the Ascension.

Here is a fun song about the Ascension.


But if Jesus went back to Heaven, doesn't that mean he left all his apostles behind with no leader?!

Not at all Tallulah. Jesus made the apostles the new leaders of His Church. And He left them with a special helper that we will hear about this Sunday.

I know! I know! the helper is the Holy Spirit! The same helper all the humans have.



Wow you are really remembering a lot Tallulah, I'm very impressed!

Thank you Cloë, I've been studying.

Today is the feast day of Saint Boniface. He is an excellent example of someone who was inspired by the Apostles and who also became a great leader spreading the Good News of Jesus. Click here to look at our post from last year about Saint Boniface.

Yesterday we had a great time hanging out with the Blackadders! (I hope I spelled their name right Cloë, I am not always the best speller.)

 

The trick Cloë is not to take your eye off the treat! Woof!

Cloë and Tallulah

1 comment: